Saturday, December 22, 2012

SFC-WagaSSS: Because You Guys Are Worth Waaaaay More Than This Blog Entry :)

Hi there. I'm a newbie. I was a fresh CLP grad last August. My attendance wasn't perfect but I managed to get 76.92% of the talks complete. I'm not an active participant but I promise I listened and took to heart what all the speakers and sharers said. Hi. My name is Ayn. And for 4 months, I've been a proud SFC-WagaSSS member.

This year has been a tough ride for me, and up to now I don't exactly remember how the Universe conspired on my joining the community. My work is pure harassment. Not literally, of course. I have client meetings every Friday, for which I have to prepare for operational reports every Thursday night. Out of the 7 days in the week, there's just 14.29% chance that the CLP day's gonna fall on a Thursday. But it did. Great. Oh and by the way, a couple of weeks ago, they moved the client meeting to a Thursday instead. Even greater. :)

So it was a struggle for me to make it by 7:30pm then. I'm a humble commuter, by the way, so I have to compute much, much time (and effort) from Commonwealth to Marikina. But it's just how great God can bring things together, and every Thursday night was a miracle. I might have missed three, but still managed to get out of the CLP alive --- and nourished. :) And for months, thus far, I can pretty say things have changed, or rather, the community has helped me a big, big lot to change the way I see things now. Work is more stressful, but I guess it's the perspective with how you influenced me that made all the difference. And by the way, now I understand why our opening prayer usually starts with "Thank You for fixing our schedules." It's always a miracle indeed.

I know I owe God this great blessing of making me part of this community, and I most definitely am grateful to all of you for being His instrument. So to Ate Ecel, Kuya Jerome, Bro Owen, Ate Den-Den, Ate Tina, Kuya Paul, Ate Jelly, Kuya Migs, Ate Patti, Kuya Ronj, Ate Kim, Ate Rizza, Khaye, (Ate) Cheska, Kuya Remus, Kuya Vitus, Em, Emjay, Marjay, Ate Mich, Ate Anj, Ate Ciela, Ate JC, Ate Milan, Aira, Abi, Jojo, Annie, Rose, Lil, Justine, Cookie, Ate Jen, Ate Rose, Dhin-Dhin, Fem, Blue, Regina, Jackie, Ritchell, Harvey, Jay, and to all the WagaSSS Warriors I have yet to meet: thank you for welcoming me and making me part of this incredibly awesome community of believers. And thank you too for the LSS of worship songs that lasts until, uhhh, the next worship.

But as you said (or warned), this is not at all meant to create a perfect life out of us. To be honest, I've dealt with more problems when I joined the community, kamoteh! LOL. But that doesn't at all make me any jaded. I am unfazed. I love it here because I don't have to be any one, or to compete with anybody just to be someone. I have nothing but His grace. I carry nothing but our mission. :)

Someone shared to me that the Church is a hospital of sinners. I agree, and in our own unique ways we continue to seek for healing and change in the different areas of our lives as servants of God and as citizens of this country. Let's welcome healing and change all together as sisters and brothers. Having said that much now, here's to what has been a great year and an even greater and blessed year ahead. :D


6 comments:

  1. hala...special mention din pala ako.. at ang lahat ng tao. haha kagulat naman. salamat ayn. ang the best mag harmonica nakakiiyak. sabi nga nila hindi ibibigay ni God yan pag di mo kaya. ano kelan po tayo tutugtog uli?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Syempre naman Ate Anj, 'kaw pa! :D Korekto, God doesn't give us what we could not bear. Sorry naman po di ako nakasama nung TOB... :( game, whenevs! :D

      Delete
  2. God really works in mysterious ways. Iba talaga 'pag nagpapapansin siya. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, korek, Kuya Paul! At hinding-hindi ka makakatanggi. :D

      Delete
  3. late reply...kasi ngayon ko lang nabasa...it was well written ayn, as always...and i agree with you how the prayer "thank you for fixing our schedule" really meant...tried it first hand as well...continue serving and continue growing...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Syempre ngayon ko lang nabasa lol. Thanks for dropping in Rye! God bless! :)

      Delete