Sunday, December 16, 2012

LIFE IS A FAIR TRADE


This year has been crazy, and I know a lot of people will definitely agree. From national news to the most personal hullabaloos, I know all of us has had a really tough ride in 2012. So before every blogger posts their year-end thingamajig, I'd like to take a foot forward and say my piece. I won't say much, don't worry.

I'll just bore the heck out of you if I say so much cuentos so let me try to get it pretty straight this time. If you're going to ask me the most important thing I learned this year and say it in 5 words, all I have to tell you is, life is a fair trade, and there are three things why.

1. You have to pay for what you want to get --- They say the best things in life are free. True, but those are for abstract happy feelings you'd never want to miss out on especially when you know you're not getting any younger. But the fact is, hardwork (sometimes) is everything. When I get to hear stories of struggle and pain from people, I never fail to tell them how much I envy their experience. Not for being a masochist, of course, but because these bad moments have become their springboards for success. There's not any instant formula to any achievement. It entails sacrifice. It will always ask from you a good price.

2. You have to negotiate for the best deals --- You can't have the best of both worlds, or, you can't serve two masters. We live in an era when we want to do just about everything our brains can think of, and there are very thin demarcation lines today when we talk about certain aspects of our lives. But the truth is, we have to choose most of the time. Grabbing the opportunity is one, but commitment to your craft is another.

3. No return, no exchange --- When we arrive at a decision, there's simply no room for regret. Impossible sometimes as it may seem, you just have to keep on, keep up, and remember that this path is what you have chosen and you have to stand by it no matter what. Again, no matter what. That's why any decision we must make should have been well thought of, well-discerned, and well prayed for. But know, too, that decision-making is one, but setting your expectations is another.

So you be the judge if life indeed's a fair trade. What do you think? I'd love to hear from you. :D




No comments:

Post a Comment