Tuesday, March 7, 2017

STAYING

Ever since I was a kid I've always been fascinated by the Old English font type. It gives a classy and old school mood in the text, not to mention the rich emphasis of the bold lines and the balance that the fine lines give. Back in the days of no internet (and printing is too expensive), I would rummage through my dad's files and "borrow" his college diploma to look for letters that I could copy. I'd practice them in pencil, then overwrite with black Panda ballpen. After so many years, I have not parted with my love affair with Old English. Practicing without pencil and using a fineliner straightaway, I know my lines are pretty bad and my spacing, really awful.  I also just used a simplified version because otherwise the whole text would be too heavy. I'm nevertheless sharing them, using a couple of lines that popped out of my head today. I didn't manage to write a whole poem out of it though because, thesis. 

P.S. The pen felt sad yesterday so I included him in the snapshot today. :) #



No comments:

Post a Comment