Tuesday, May 8, 2012

FROM TEARS TO DUST

The opposite of drizzle is mizzle.
Only intensity discriminates
But force is of no substance.
Rhyme is all that matters.
For it still is rain.
That sad thing that fall as free
From patches of vapor
Like tears from great big eyes.

The rain is my catalyst.
I feel vapor and I'm chafed.
I smell loam and my heart pulsates.
I see lightning and I'm petrified.
I hear the droplets reach the ground.
And I'm sad. The rain is just so sad.
Like hoping for something beyond you.
Like liking someone and you can't confess.
Like getting cheated.
Like being left.

How they push themselves to my window!
Sprinting down, clearing their pathways
They never leave a mark
Until they stop. And everything goes dry.
And everything is still. And everything is just mud.
Then stain. Then dust.
Summer rain. The cheater.
I let out a sigh. #



photo credit: loveamongotherthings

No comments:

Post a Comment