Tuesday, May 1, 2012

PROBABLY SOMEWHERE BUT NEVER NOWHERE

She marveled if it were true,
Like Paradise or Heaven or Nirvana.
Is it tangible?
Could I hold it in my hands
long enough to give birth to faith?
A faint whisper said "probably."

She asked because her feet hurt
From all the walking and refraining.
With squinted eyes she moved forward
Until a glimmer dilated the thin black film
"Oasis!" Her heart shouted.
But that strident voice shattered
What was left of the desert.

She sat down.
"Nothing more tiring than being tired,
And holding onto life as if it were 'life'."
It was then that I heard her, and asked,
"Are you going anywhere?"
A question to which she softly replied,
"No, I'm going somewhere."

With that I knew I am not to leave her,
Until her feet can take one more step
Back to the desert,
Where camels and cacti and the sand thrives.
"I heard it will snow this year," she went on.
So probably she's really going somewhere,
But never, never nowhere. #


photo credit: RAA.com

No comments:

Post a Comment