Thursday, October 27, 2016

SUNSPOTS

I.

Waking.
Daylight clinching over thoughts
In a world only I can command,
In a mind only I can govern.

Yellow and blue, crimson and gold.
I paint every piece of you
and what my memories can hold.

Screams and sighs as nights unfold.
I hear every bit of you
and what my ears could recall.

I delight in your beauty,
The disarming smile you wear.
I surrender to your strength,
Through fragile stories you share.

II.

Sleeping. 
Oblivious thoughts race free
In a place where I see myself as me,
In a sphere where I bar no holds.

Buildings and beaches, nighttime and day
We saunter through valleys
To where my mind's eye take us away.

Hopes and dreams, embraces and scars
We scuttle freely through fields
Until my reason awakens.

Waking.
A hold without touch.
Sleeping.
You possess me nonetheless.

I have shed liters of saline
With the void Time bequeathed.
But I will wait for you still,
'Til Life silences me for real.


No comments:

Post a Comment