Sunday, June 26, 2016

SUNDAY, SUMMER, STRUGGLES

Since it's a sunny Sunday I felt like playing some America as my working background. At least it makes my sad little box a lot more like home, where Sundays would be about good old music and a lot of house chores.

I'm not dealing with house chores today though. I am cramming for a presentation (only the first of three coming in the next two weeks) which I have not had a chance to finish after catching a bad flu paired with allergies this week. Apparently Hohenheim is the worst part of Stuttgart where pollen and other grass particles party the most in between Spring and Summer. Seriously, walking around campus now feels like winter --- it's really warm at 30 degrees, but white fibers keep flying all around like snow! So much for biodiversity. My allergies didn't used to be as bad back home. I don't even take anti-histamines. Now all I can do is pray for rain every day.

Yesterday I told myself I'll stay at home to get rid of the pollen party outdoors. Took some pills and slept early. Still, I woke up feeling quite groggy today, with my left brain throbbing and my right brain numbing. I'm in a coughing fit and my muscles ache like hell. Made myself some cough tea and opened my half-baked presentation and tried reading through my paper (which I am not at all happy about either) to get some details. Worse, I'm struggling with laziness and I'm trying to justify my procrastination. My professor's an a** anyway and all he cares about is your spoken English. Since nobody's a native English speaker among us, we're not anymore expecting too much. On the other hand though, I want to make good in front of my adviser. But the third struggle is, I just want to get over the d*mn thing.

And so I am at it again. Patterns, patterns, patterns. It's interesting though. In life we get to experience a lot of things, go to many places, meet a lot of people. However, we only get to maximize these encounters as much as we allow ourselves to. As for me, no matter what I do and wherever I go, I get easily disinterested after a few turns. Maybe because I'm naturally lazy. That, or I easily get contented. Is there something wrong with that? I don't even want to think about it. As one of my favorite people would always tell me, "At least you were challenged. And you learned something." Well, I'm not exactly sure what I'm learning so far, but I'm pretty much enjoying this getting-to-know-yourself-somewhere-out-there ride. One more hell of a year, baby. Oh yeah. #


No comments:

Post a Comment