Friday, November 25, 2011

WALK TO FREEDOM

by Ayn

Only today, I quit.
I quit a life spelled with nothing
but blue trays stacked with paper heaps,
Filled with vague sketches in pencil.
It took me quite a while.

Once I stood in belief.
But waiting has purloined from me
That youthful hope I held on to.
Now I'm nothing but pragmatic.
Age corrupts us, at times.

Just yesterday, I dreamed.
I yearned for a life of Freedom,
Filled with pride in every sunrise.
I woke up and this isn't it.
Vastly deplorable.

You do not understand.
You don't know life outside your rock,
the Wars We wage each fleeting day.
You're not a fellow Countryman.
I thus cease to explain.

Sitting on my front porch,
I gawp at the Walk to Freedom.
I wait for the rain to subside.
The first rung looks quite rickety.
I take it anyway.

Tomorrow, I wonder.
Will the colors of the sunset
Be as magnificent as how
it awes the forlorn soul at dawn?
I sit, pray, and wonder. #


1 comment:

  1. It's not quitting. It's taking the next step. Who knows where it will take you? Only time can tell. So long as it makes you happy. No regrets. :)

    ReplyDelete