Sunday, August 5, 2012

STRAIGHT TALK: HOW DO I GET TO THE MIDDLE?

I'm not really good with goodbyes. If I say mine, I'll definitely think of our little times together once I look at you, and just start to cry. Maybe things even you could not remember. And when you're the one leaving me for good, it's either I'll end up giving you most that I can, or I'll just silently watch you take that plane ride, on the side, without a single word. I don't know which hurts more, but how do I get to the middle? I'd like to know.

I'm not good with hellos either. It's either I ask too much questions the first time we meet, or I'll just give you a shy hand wave and just wait till you greet me first along the hallway. I don't know if you can recall how it was with you but either ways, we will always end up being quite okay, because my hellos are preparations for my goodbyes, which I fail to perfect. So how do I get to the middle? Please tell me how.

And yes, I'm also not good with keeping my distance. It's either I'll make you feel like we've known each other for quite some time to make you loosen things up with me a notch, or I'll just pretend that I did not see you, so as not to oblige me to greet or talk to you for that day. Does that sound stupid? I tend to get moody at times; but all those good days, trust that I'm being honest and genuine. Because I want to make up for our missed 'hello,' or what might be a painful goodbye from either you or me.

Now how do I get to the middle? How do I say hello and go about every day without thinking of our goodbye? This is straight talk. I would really, really like to know. #


photo credit: shutterstock

No comments:

Post a Comment